This week’s Twin Peaks had some chill-inducing moments. As this is one big story being told over 18 parts, sometimes the big revelations subtly show up when you least expect them. We’re getting closer to the final episode and do get some answers. Of course there are, yet again, more new questions. There’s also one big moment many have been waiting for.
There will be spoilers for Twin Peaks Season 3, Episode 12.
ALL IMAGES COURTESY OF SUZANNE TENNER AND SHOWTIME.
The Blue Rose Task Force Gets A New Member
Albert, Gordon, and Tammy meet and drink wine. Albert tells Tammy in 1970, Project Blue Book shut down by the U.S. Air Force. The military and FBI formed a top secret task force and called it “Blue Rose,” as uttered by a women who died in a case. Phillip Jeffries was put in charged and later recruited Albert, Chet Desmond, and Dale Cooper. Because Albert’s the only one who hasn’t strangely disappeared, Gordon’s been hesitant to bring in new blood…until now. Agent Preston has been on their radar since she was in high school. They offer her membership, and she says she’s in. When Diane arrives, they tell her they want to bring in her in as a consultant despite the fact she is no longer in the FBI since she was exposed to some of the Blue Rose cases through Cooper. Diane says, “Let’s rock.”
Afterwards, Diane drinking at the hotel bar. She texts someone (Evil Cooper) who had asked about Las Vegas. She replies, “They haven’t asked yet.” Albert is aware of the exchange and tells Gordon about the incoming and outgoing texts from Diane’s phone. Gordon’s not sure what they haven’t asked her yet.
Diane returns to the bar again. She thinks about the coordinates on Ruth’s dead body and enters them into her phone. They’re for somewhere in Twin Peaks.
Sarah Palmer And The New Turkey Jerky
Sarah Palmer goes shopping (and buys a lot of booze). At the check out counter, she stares at the beef jerky. It’s not beef. It’s made from turkey. She’s bothered by it. Sarah says the room looks different and “men are coming.” She tells the cashier she needs to watch out. Things can happen. She rushes out of the store, and the bag boy says he could take her groceries to her house.
Later, Hawk visits Sarah. He’s checking to see if she’s okay. He hears bottles rattling inside, but Sarah says no one’s there. It’s just something in the kitchen. She’s calmed down but is still acting strangely.
Ben Horne, Sheriff Truman, And The Hotel Key
Sheriff Truman goes to Ben Horne’s office. He tells him that it was his grandson Richard who ran over and killed the boy. He also tried to kill the only witness who saw him do it. Miriam is in intensive care at the hospital and needs surgery. Ben is exasperated and says Richard has never been right. Richard is on the run. They don’t have a relationship since Ben has refused to give him money. Ben says he will pay for Miriam’s expenses at the hospital.
Ben then sees the hotel key on his desk. He was planning to send it to Harry. They haven’t used those in over twenty years, and he’s pretty sure it was the key to Agent Cooper’s old room. Truman comments it’s interesting the key showed up just as they opened an old case involving Cooper.
Finally, Audrey…And Her Husband?
Audrey is in Charlie’s office and is looking for Billy. Billy’s been missing for two days. Apparently, Charlie is her husband? She’s angry and tells Charlie she’s in love with Billy. She has been seeing him because her husband is a loser. They seem to have some sort of contract and Audrey is willing to go back on it. She has to seek out Tina, who she can’t stand, because Tina was the last person to see Billy, according to someone named Chuck. Charlie tells Audrey Chuck stole Billy’s truck. Charlie calls Tina. She had shocking information, but Charlie won’t tell Audrey what she said.
Other Things We Found Out
- Jerry Horne is still lost.
- At the Fat Trout Trailer park, Carl is a good guy. He gives a resident fifty bucks for his work around the place after finding out he’s been selling his blood for cash.
- Dougie/Cooper and Sonny Jim try playing catch. It doesn’t go well since Cooper doesn’t understand what he’s supposed to do.
- Gordon met a French woman at the hotel. This verifies he’s not in a relationship with Tammy, as vaguely hinted at in a previous episode.
- Hutch and Chantal wait for Warden Murphy to arrive at his home. Hutch shoots him since Evil Coop told him to get rid of him.
- Jacoby, aka Dr. Amp, airs another installment of his internet show and runs the shovel commercial again. Nadine is hooked, as always.
- Audrey still lives in Twin Peaks. Does she have any contact with Richard?
New Questions This Week
- What was the contract between Audrey and Charlie? Does this have something to do with why they’re married? Who’s Billy? Does this mean Audrey is not the rich billionaire that funded the glass box observation in New York?
- Was there someone inside Sarah’s house? The ceiling fans were shown. Who was in the kitchen? It likely wasn’t the bag boy. Why was she bothered by the turkey jerky?
- Should we care about the women talking at the Roadhouse about Angela and Clark? Who ran Trick off the road? How often do the Chromatics play the Roadhouse?
We don’t get very much of Cooper and his road to recovery this week, but we do finally get to see Audrey. It’s not clear what she’s been up to the past 25 years, but we get an idea she hasn’t had the most luxurious life. It almost feels like we’re still being teased as we find out little tidbits of information. There’s a lot we want to know about. With the various new and returning characters, there isn’t enough time to find out everything. I was hoping we’d get to see Truman, Hawk, and Bobby go to the place Major Briggs’ message mentioned. It could be something we’ll see in the last few episodes. That’s probably exactly how Lynch and Frost want it.
During Ben’s conversation with Truman, he mentions Richard never had a father around. This could support the idea that Evil Cooper raped Audrey while she was in a coma in the hospital after the explosion at the bank. Ben also mentioned that Richard has never been right. He may be on the run, but since the coordinates on Ruth’s arm point to Twin Peaks, perhaps Evil Coop will head there and run into Richard. Let’s just hope the 18th episode doesn’t end with Evil Coop, Cooper, Richard, Hawk, and the Blue Rose Task Force all arriving at the same place and we’re left with a big cliffhanger.